The lampandlight.ie website, a website of Lamp en Licht Online B.V. (hereinafter referred to as: lampandlight) processes privacy-sensitive details, or personal data. The careful handling of personal data is of great importance to lampandlight. Accordingly, we process and protect personal data with the greatest possible care.
In processing these data, lampandlight complies with the requirements set by privacy legislation. This means – among other things – that:
- We state clearly for which purposes we process personal data. We do so by means of this privacy and cookie statement.
- We limit our collection of personal data to only those personal data that are required for legitimate purposes.
- We ask your express permission before processing your personal data in those cases in which your permission is required.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and require parties that process personal data on our instruction to do the same.
- We respect your right to inspect your personal data upon request, and to correct or remove these.
lampandlight is the controller in the data processing. In this privacy and cookie statement, we explain which personal data we collect and use, and for what purpose. We recommend that you read this carefully.
This privacy and cookie statement was most recently amended on 18-09-2017.
Which data do we process?
In using our website, you may leave certain details with us, which may include personal data. We collect personal data via different channels. For example, our website enables you to order products, which involves us asking you to provide us with some personal data in order to complete the order. lampandlight processes the following data:
- email address;
- telephone number;
- company name;
- payment details.
The above data are required to set up an account and be able to complete your order.
In addition, we process:
- any personal data that you send to us in an email, contact form or chat message;
- any personal data that you include in a review of our web shop;
- any personal data that you provide us when entering a picture competition;
- any personal data that you provide us when participating in a giveaway.
What do we use your data for?
We use your data for the following purposes:
- creating an account for you;
- completing an order (delivery, payment and contact);
- responding to questions about and requests concerning our products;
- sending a newsletter with information about our products;
- responding to a blog post;
- announcing the winner of a giveaway or picture competition;
- being able to show your review of our web shop.
If you have given permission for this, lampandlight may send you a newsletter by email. Every communication sent by email offers the option of unsubscribing if you should no longer wish to receive our newsletter. In addition, you can unsubscribe for the newsletter via your account.
The recipients of the data
The data you provide will be provided to third parties if this is required for the delivery of the products you have ordered. In addition, lampandlight will provide address details to, for example, PostNL, so that our order can be delivered. Your data will be provided to the following parties:
- delivery services;
- payment service providers;
- review platforms for web shops;
- hosting providers;
- website developers.
Other than that, lampandlight will not provide the data you have provided to third parties if you have not given permission for that, unless this is required or permitted by law. For example, the police may ask us for information within the context of a fraud investigation. In such case, lampandlight is legally obliged to provide these details.
When you place an order through our website, lampandlight will retain your data for up to four years after your final order.
When you contact us via a contact form, email, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp or chat message, lampandlight will retain your data for as long as is required to process the question or request, and then for an additional six months in order to be able to process any follow-up questions.
When you respond to a blog post or post a review of our website, your response will be published and your data will be retained until you remove the response or review.
If you submit a picture for a picture competition, the picture may be published on the website. Other personal data that you send in when entering a picture competition or participating in a giveaway will be retained until the winner/winners has/have received the prize(s).
lampandlight takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your data against loss and unlawful processing, such as theft and unauthorised inspection.
lampandlight takes the following security measures:
- Access to personal data is restricted by means of a user name and password.
- We make use of secure connections that protect all information exchanged between you and our website when you enter personal data.
- We keep logs of all requests for personal data.
Your rights with regard to personal data
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- You can submit a request for inspection of the data about you that we process.
- You can apply for an overview, in a widely used format, of the data about you that we process.
- You can submit a request for correction or deletion of the data if these are incorrect or are no longer relevant.
If you wish to exercise these rights, feel free to contact us. To that end, see the contact details at the bottom of this privacy and cookie statement.
If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, please let us know. Alternatively, you also have the right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority (the Dutch Data Protection Authority).
This privacy and cookie statement does not apply to third-party websites that are connected to our web shop through links. lampandlightcannot guarantee that these parties will handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We therefore recommend that you read the privacy statements of these websites before using them.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
lampandlightreserves the right to amend this privacy and cookie statement. We therefore recommend that you check this privacy and cookie statement regularly to ensure that you are aware of these amendments.
Lamp en Licht Online B.V.
Smaragdweg 52, 5527 LB Hapert, Netherlands
Telephone number: 0768887561
Email: [email protected]